Saturday, June 23, 2012

A few things from this week...

We had a wonderful fresh meal out on the deck last Friday.  I stopped and picked lettuce and strawberries on the way home from work at Dondero's.  The radishes are from my garden.



Our strawberries are starting to ripen and the sugar snap peas, tomatoes, and peppers are blossoming!


My herbs are filling in nicely.  I found this sub irrigation planter at Paul's & Sandy's and made it Earth box like by adding a fill tube.  It already had the bottom reservoir and overflow hole, just not a great way to fill it. 


Got a few new pillows for summer for the couch.  The 3 (which happens to be our house number) was a $5 target find.  The "Lake life is best" was a gift from Burkett.  He found it in a shop in Lake Placid after a recent backpacking trip up in the Adirondacks.  And the sailboat pillow is one that I made a while back.  I'm planning to make something new for the love seat as well, but the sewing room is currently in a bit of disarray.



So I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up with the granny square sampler.  Here are weeks 2, 3, and 4.  I went to Baltimore for work 2 weekends ago and spent much of last weekend designing, shopping, and painting furniture for a sewing room makeover (more to come later), so needless to say I wasn't crocheting...now if only I can do last weeks and this weeks squares soon, I'll be back on track.  That's it for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment