Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dauphin Island, my New Idea of Paradise

We've been back from vacation for well over a month now and I'm really late on getting these pictures up, but I feel like I need to share them anyway because we absolutely LOVED this place!  Dauphin Island, AL is my new idea of paradise...spent an entire week with my family in a beautiful house with lots of time spent sitting on the beach, hunting for seashells, cooking, flying kites, fishing, playing bocce and relaxing...all in honor of my grandmothers 80th Birthday!  Hopefully we will get back there again some day. 
Beautiful house on the gulf!
 Best porch in the world
Porch
 Living Room
Looking into kitchen
 We rented bikes to get around on the island
 Burkett's new power kite
 Went shell hunting every morning
 Mom, Dad, and Rusti
 Lots and lots of shells for jewelry & buttons!
 Pretty colors
 We shaw sharks, dolphins, and rays!
Back porch
 Jack & the lady fish
Family on the beach
 Grandma's Birthday Cake
 Grandma's Birthday Cupcakes
 Family
 Grandma modeling the apron I made her!
 Apron
Check out that chevron, inspired by the chevron apron that was recently in Modern Patchwork.  

No comments:

Post a Comment