Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Annual I-91 Shop Hop

Participated in the first annual I-91 Shop Hop this past weekend, which was a tour of 11 local yarn shops all along I-91 between Putney, VT and New Haven, CT.  My friend, and fellow knitter, Catharine came down from Albany to make the road trip with me.  We had a great time catching up, scouting out some new shops, and finding some great deals on yarn! 

A few of our favorites...

1.  WEBS in Northampton, MA.  My new favorite yarn store, it's HUGE!!  We spent 2 hours there, and they have lots of interesting classes.  I will likely be making the trip back up there very soon.  I was so overwhelmed that I forgot to take a picture :(

2.  The Green Mountain Spinnery in Putney, VT.  A totally green spinnery operation...and they gave us a tour and let us jump in their wool room.


3.  Basketville in Putney, VT.  You can't drive up I-91 into VT without stopping at Basketville.  Stocked up on some great wine and picked up a few baskets.

Looking forward to next year already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment